- Sub-Juniors: Age 5- 8 Years
- Juniors: Age 9- 13 Years
- Seniors: Age 14 - 17 Years
- Adults: Age 18 and above
Duration: 3 to 6 Minutes
Genre: Cinematic, Fusion, Folk or any other non-classical dance form.
Competition Date/Time: Starts at 2.30 pm on May 5th , 2018
Competition Venue: 31 Flagg Dr, Framingham, MA 01702
REGISTRATION CLOSED: We received maximum capacity for Group Dance "Non-Classical". Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to check for any open slots.
Before you register, please read the below sections.
Registration Start Date: March 16th 10 AM EST
Registration End Date: April 7th 10 PM EST/ Walk-Ins are welcome.
Registration Fee: $20 Per Participant (Click the "Pay Online" button in the Registration form to pay registration fees online. You will get a chest number and is allowed to contest only after paying this fee.)
Maximum Registrations: 6 teams per age group.
Rules & Regulations
- Separate competition for each age groups.
- Each group/team should contain at least 3 or more members.
- All participants in the team/group must be in the age range of the group they are contesting in. KANE deserves the right to move a team/group to a highest age group category if we find at least one participant's age is higher than the age category they registered to contest in.
- A participant can only be part of one team/group/age category. We will disqualify the second team in case we find the same participant appearing in a second team/group for the same event.
- The audio or song for the performance should be in mp3 format and must be sent to email@example.com at least 5 days prior to the event date. The audio file should only contain music/song- narrations which are not related to the dance theme is not allowed. We will not accept any files after this deadline.
- If the audio play time exceeds the maximum allowed time(6 Minutes), regardless what stage the dance is at, the audio will be stopped when it reaches 5 minute.
- We will not allow coaching or prompting of any manner during the performance.
- While registering, all participant's name should be entered in the message field.
- Age of the contestant must be in the range of age groups listed above as of January 1st of current year.Participant must register online before registration end date and obtain a confirmation number from KANE via e-mail. On event date, the registration fee(see section below) must be paid at the front desk to get your/your team's chest number and to make yourself eligible to contest.
- KANE reserves the right to request a copy of birth certificate of the participant for age verification(if required).
- KANE reserves the right to photograph and/or video record the performances. We may publish such photos/videos post-event.
- The Judge's decision will be final.
- Violation of any of the above rules may disqualify the contestant/group/team.
Total Score: 100
- Synchronization/Sequencing (20 Points): The dance steps are in sync with the music and between dancers. Dance steps forming pattern of movements, variety, complexity and originality of dance positions, moves and dance maneuvers. Selection of dance maneuvers and combinations of these maneuvers and their relationship to the music.
- Choreography (20 Points): Selection of music, lighting effects(if any), change levels throughout the dance, change formation or position on the dance floor by using maximum stage space(if required). Makeup, Ornaments and Costume of the dancers- dress alike, dancers forming a color/visual pattern by positioning themselves or arranging their moves.
- Execution (20 Points): Proper execution of basic step patterns, framework and hand, head, arm and body movements. Timing, rhythm, balance and smoothness of dance. (Although the actual choreography is being judged, execution must be considered as a determining factor in some cases where the alike steps are included in multiple dances.)
Coherence (20 Points): Is the group dancing as a whole? Do the patterns flow well with the whole group? Are the dancers dancing as a part of a group rather than an individual performer?.
- Entertainment & Timing (20 Points):
Attitude, enthusiasm, energy and excitement. Pride in dancing. Relationship with the audience.(10 Points)
Finished performance in allocated time, i.e. 6 Minutes (10 Points).
a) -10 points - when dance exceeds 6 minutes
b) -10 points - per dancer for violating age exceptions in the Dance Contest Rules.
c) -20 points - if number of dancers are less than 3 in a group.
All participants must register before the registration ends. Also it is important to obtain a registration confirmation email back from KANE. Click the "REGISTER NOW" button on the top or Click Here to register. Once you register, you will get an auto-reply from KANE. However, we will review your registration and will confirm it by replying back to you via email . This confirmation is mandatory to participcate in the event.
Winners are chosen as follows:
- If only one participant is registered for this event, a participation certificate/award will be given.
- If more than one participant, then first, second and third prize winners are declared based on scoring and total participants.
- Prizes, certificates, trophies/medals will be awarded to all the winners on the same day.
Anytime, for any questions, please e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you good luck and look forward to meet you and to witness your skills!
(KANE Arts Club)