- Sub-Junior: Age 5- 7 Years
- Juniors: Age 8- 10 Years
- Seniors: Age 11 - 13 Years
- Youth: Age 14 - 17 Years
- Adults: Age 18 and above
Duration: 4 to 6 Minutes
Genre: Filmy, Folk, Album, Semi-classical or Fusion song of any Indian language.
Competition Date/Time: Starts at 12 pm on May 2 , 2020
Competition Venue: 750 Winter St Framingham, MA, 01702
Registration link will appear here on March 4, 2020 10AM EST
Before you register, please read the below sections.
Registration Start Date: March 4, 2020 10 AM EST
Registration End Date: April 26, 2020 10 PM EST
Registration Fee: $25 Per Participant (Click the "Register Now" button to fill in the details and payment to complete registration)
Rules & Regulations
- Separate competition for each age groups.
- Performance should be in one of the Indian non-classical music genre- Filmy, Folk, Album, Semi-classical or Fusion song of any Indian language.
- Performer can use Karaoke music. KANE won't be providing any instrumental support.
- Performer should memorize the lyrics and is not allowed to use any supporting devices(paper, digital devices, external audio etc..)We will not allow coaching or prompting of any manner during the performance.
- The Karaoke audio or music for the performance should be in mp3 format and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days prior to the event date. The audio file should only contain music/song- narrations or inappropriate sounds/audios are not allowed. We will not accept any files after this deadline.
- If the audio/karaoke play time exceeds the maximum allowed time(6 Minutes), regardless what stage the singing is at, the audio will be stopped when it reaches 6 minutes.
- Age of the contestant must be in the range of age groups listed above as of January 1st of current year. Participant must register online before registration end date and obtain a confirmation number from KANE via e-mail. On event date, the registration fee(see section below) must be paid at the front desk to get your/your team's chest number and to make yourself eligible to contest.KANE reserves the right to request a copy of birth certificate of the participant for age verification(if required).
- KANE reserves the right to photograph and/or video record the performances. We may publish such photos/videos post-event.
- The Judge's decision will be final.
- Violation of any of the above rules may disqualify the contestant/group/team.
Total Score: 100
- Shruti/Chosen pitch (20 Points): Is the singer in tune with the scale (Shruti) and maintaining correct pitch?.
- Rhythm/Tempo (20 Points): Is the singer "in tempo" with the underlying musical score? Is the voice in relation to the music?.
- Vocal Expression (20 Points): How well the performer is able to express the meaning and mood of the song with correct diction that bring out the right meaning intended by the composer?.
- Stage Presence (20 Points): Does the physical expression of the song in terms of the overall visual presentation of the performance on stage?.
- Entertainment Value (20 Points): Is he/she singing with confidence, energy and spirit? The Audience reaction to the overall performance.
a) -20 points - if not ready when the name/chest number is called for performance
All participants must register before the registration ends. Also it is important to obtain a registration confirmation email back from KANE. Click the "REGISTER NOW" button on the top or Click Here to register. Once you register, you will get an auto-reply from KANE. However, we will review your registration and will confirm Pit by replying back to you via email . This confirmation is mandatory to participcate in the event.
Winners are chosen as follows:
- If only one participant is registered for this event, a participation certificate/award will be given.
- If more than one participant, then first, second and third prize winners are declared based on scoring and total participants.
- Prizes, certificates, trophies/medals will be awarded to all the winners on the same/Finale day.
Anytime, for any questions, please e-mail; email@example.com
We wish you good luck and look forward to meet you and to witness your skills!