- Juniors: Age 8- 10 Years
- Seniors: Age 11 - 13 Years
- Youth: Age 14 - 17 Years
- Adults: Age 18 and above
Duration: 4 to 8 Minutes
Genre: Kathak, Kuchipudi, Bharatanatyam, Mohiniyattom, Odissi etc
Competition Date/Time: Starts at 10.00 am on May 9, 2020
Competition Venue: 750 Winter St, Framingham MA 01702
Registration link will appear here on March 4, 2020 10AM EST
Before you register, please read the below sections.
Registration Start Date: March 4, 2020 10 AM EST
Registration End Date: April 26, 2020 10 PM EST
Registration Fee: $25 Per Participant (Click the "Register Now" button to fill in the details and payment to complete registration)
Rules & Regulations
- Separate competition for each age groups.
- Each group/team should contain at least 3 or more members.
- All participants in the team/group must be in the age range of the group they are contesting in. KANE deserves the right to move a team/group to a highest age group category if we find at least one participant's age is higher than the age category they registered to contest in.
- A participant can only be part of one team/group/age category. We will disqualify the second team in case we find the same participant appearing in a second team/group for the same event.
- If the audio play time exceeds the maximum allowed time(8 Minutes), regardless what stage the dance is at, the audio will be stopped when it reaches 8 minute.
- We will not allow coaching or prompting of any manner during the performance.
- While registering, all participant's name should be entered in the message field.
- Age of the contestant must be in the range of age groups listed above as of January 1st of current year.Participant must register online before registration end date and obtain a confirmation number from KANE via e-mail. On event date, the registration fee(see section below) must be paid at the front desk to get your/your team's chest number and to make yourself eligible to contest.
- KANE reserves the right to request a copy of birth certificate of the participant for age verification(if required).
- KANE reserves the right to photograph and/or video record the performances. We may publish such photos/videos post-event.
- The Judge's decision will be final.
- Violation of any of the above rules may disqualify the contestant/group/team.
Total Score: 100
- Style (20 Points): Do the movements and expressions reflect the purity and traditions of the style of the dance (Bharatanatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Mohiniyattom, Odissi etc)? can you feel the poise and presence of the group? Innovations are acceptable in movements and costume but cannot take away the main essence of the style.
- Precision (20 Points): Are the dancers on beat? Are they doing the correct steps to the correct music? Are the movements clean? Are the dancers doing what the music says that they are supposed to be doing? Is everyone in the correct position? Are steps executed correctly within the dance?.
- Coherence (20 Points): Is the group dancing as a whole? Do the patterns flow well with the whole group? Are the dancers dancing as a part of a group rather than an individual performer?.
- Costumes (20 Points): Are the costumes authentic? Do they represent the dance style? Do the costumes blend well together? Do the costumes add to the performance?.
- Overall Appeal/Entertainment (20 Points):
Is the group performing the dance with energy and spirit?Are the dancers enjoying what they are doing? Are their expressions reflecting the mood of the dance? Are they engaging the audience with their performance?.(10 Points)
Did the group finish peforming in allocated time i.e. 8 Minutes ? (10 Points)
a) -10 points - when dance exceeds 8 minutes
b) -10 points - per dancer for violating age exceptions in the Dance Contest Rules.
c) -20 points - if number of dancers are less than 3 in a group.
All participants must register before the registration ends. Also it is important to obtain a registration confirmation email back from KANE. Click the "REGISTER NOW" button on the top or Click Here to register. Once you register, you will get an auto-reply from KANE. However, we will review your registration and will confirm it by replying back to you via email . This confirmation is mandatory to participcate in the event.
Winners are chosen as follows:
- If only one participant is registered for this event, a participation certificate/award will be given.
- If more than one participant, then first, second and third prize winners are declared based on scoring and total participants.
- Prizes, certificates, trophies/medals will be awarded to all the winners on the same/Finale day.
We wish you good luck and look forward to meet you and to witness your skills!